Service and Priorities
Our Major Activities
- we always work in pairs during our 4 hour shifts
- we travel in vehicles and also walk during nice weather
- you drive your own vehicle on patrol with SACP/RCMP signage after first notifying our local RCMP Detachment and the RCMP Kelowna Dispatch Centre
- your vehicle must be properly insured and in good mechanical condition
- you are reimbursed for using your vehicle while on patrol
- patrol hours are flexible, you and your partner decide which day and time you would like to do your patrol
Speed Watch is a proactive program - we do NOT issue tickets.
Stolen Auto Recovery (SAR)
We download stolen-vehicle information from the Canadian Police Information Centre [CPIC] and use tablets to check for stolen licence plates and vehicles.
SAR is a proactive program - we do NOT issue tickets and CANNOT upload vehicle information.
Lock Out Auto Crime (LOAC)
LOAC is a proactive program - we do NOT issue tickets but DO leave notices on windshields.
This is a proactive program - we do NOT issue tickets, but DO leave notices on windshields.
Monthly Meetings and Activities
We have numerous couples in the group. Some like to patrol together but many prefer to go out with other partners every once in a while. It's interesting to get to know other members as well.
Our monthly meetings include updates of important events, a short "teaching moment," and an opportunity to share amusing Patrol anecdotes. Now that Covid restrictions have eased, we do not have "Zoom" meetings.
We believe that socializing is important for group morale and host one social event per year.